Rules & Safety
This is the rules for everyone visiting the Polk County Pagan Market. For Vendor Rules, please see the separate area.
- No Proselytizing. This is a place free from pressure. We have people of all faiths and beliefs, lets save the converting for another place.
- Be kind. This a safe place for everyone. We are also LGTBQIA+ friendly.
- Help keep our venue clean. Lets be courteous and respect the venue.
- No Protests allowed on event grounds.
- When entering the gates, please keep your speed to a minimum and be watchful of guests.
- If any issues or emergencies should arise, please bring it to the attention of any market vendor or directly to the market booth.
Polk County Pagan Market Vendor Info
- Vendor Fees are $40 Non Food and $45 for Food.
- Specific booth location requests can not be guaranteed.
- We do not allow the sales of guns or ammo.
- This is an outside event, bring your own table and chairs or canopy. Electric and water provided. Booth sharing is permitted by multiple vendors, but every vendor must submit an application and be approved.
- For this market, since its an off Sabbat market.. The max amount of vendors that will be approved is 60. For Sabbat markets our estimated limit is 100.
- All potential Polk County Pagan Market vendors must apply for each market. Wait on approval by email and follow the instructions to reserve your booth space when approved. The process is appl, wait for email approval, follow directions in email and reserve your space,
- Vendor apps are now OPEN for our September Blue Moon Market & Samhain Market. Each market will need to be applied for individually using the correct app for each. market, The link below is for our next event, the September Blue Moon market. https://onalaskatexas.com/september-blue-moon-market-application/
We are always looking for those who want to host classes, workshops, Pagan related organizations or any legal non profit organizations. These will be free spots if approved.
Food & Beverages
We have plenty of food and beverage vendors for each event. For safety reasons, we ask that there is no outside sales of food or drinks unless you are an approved vendor. Roaming sales will not be allowed.
Dress as you want. This is an event where everyone is encouraged to come as you want!!
As you enter the park, please continue forward for general parking area. Vendors may take a left for the vendor parking area. Parking is free.
At the Polk County Pagan Market admission will always be free as well as parking. This is a not for profit event with the goal of bringing the community together in a safe and fun atmosphere.
Polk County Pagan Market Vendor Rules
We do not allow the sales of guns or ammo.
1. Vendors are responsible for collecting their own sales tax/ licensing and proper requirements by the State of Texas. Polk County Pagan Market is not responsible for maintaining tax records of each vendor. For those needing a sales tax permit, you may do so by applying on the Texas comptroller website for free. https://comptroller.texas.gov/taxes/file-pay/due-dates.php
2. We are at limit on reader only booths. I will not be approving any that have not vended with us before unless its a mixed booth with reading as non primary and meet a few other conditions that we will mention later. We don’t wanna over saturate our regular vendors and create a competitive market for them.
3. You must apply and be approved for each individual market. Once approved, you must reserve your booth space from the product listing on each event (link located in the approval email).
4. Market grant program no longer exists. Only those with a official non profit will have fees waived.
5. Booth placements are first come first serve. We may have to move some around before final list to keep things separated. I feel like if we move spots around a bit from market to market it will help it stay fresh. We will be doing the final placement layout at our discretion. A pavilion spot is not guaranteed.
6. Payments are non refundable. This is because we advertise the vendors up until the event and put money toward that. So if you cancel, we can not refund due to the amount of money spent to market it.
7. We want to keep this an uplifting and safe atmosphere. One of our biggest things is being a “safe space”. So i have to make sure we are all in a positive atmosphere and feel comfortable in the group setting as best as possible. Im not able to be monitoring all booths just yet at the same time, so if anyone has any complaints about anything just please message me privately and we will address it. At the same time, We are always going to have a little trash to clean up, thats expected. But, if it goes beyond that on purpose then we can not approve again.
8. Most of all: if you are a no call/no show without letting us know.. You will either not be approved for next event OR not allowed to hold another spot (will be whatever is open the day of). This does not apply to those that let us know.
Added as of 5-4-23
9. Vendors are expected to have a presentable and safe set up. For canopies, 40lb weights or weight bags are suggested. Anchors and/or tie downs are mandatory. (subject to be updated)
10. There is absolutely no moving of cars in the vending area during event times. Please follow the instructions in email before event to park in the specified parking areas before event kick off. For vendors in pavilion areas, please do not take up parking spaces in front of other assigned spaces. If unloading multiple vehicles, please do so one at a time by unloading one then moving and unloading the next. Do not take up another vendors assigned parking space.
11. Check In: Check in must be completed within an hour before event kick off. If you haven’t checked in by the designated time for each event or made other arrangements, your space will be filled with an ALT vendor. We will no longer be holding spaces past check in time.
12. Fundraising must be approved ahead of time. If you plan to fund raise or ask for donations for something other than what you are approved to offer, you must let us know either on your application or informally so we can approve it. Fundraising reflects on the market as a whole, so we need to make sure it is for a good cause & see it succeed. We are hoping to cut down on unapproved fundraising efforts while also helping promote the ones that are approved so we can help insure success.
13. Readings/Reading type services are only allowed by those that have been market approved, previous approvals stand. This must have been listed on your application at some point. This is an effort to not saturate the market with competition to those that have applied to offer readings.
Lets continue to create an awesome diversity of offerings while in an uplifting atmosphere. Other than that, if it harms none then do as you will.
Vendors are encouraged to join our vendor group to exchange ideas and keep up with information on demand. Please do so by visiting https://www.facebook.com/groups/1364891917612023